- Dungeon Man appears inside his dungeon (Magicant)
- Prohibition sign in the blast zone (Mushroom Kingdom)
- Warpipes sealed off (Mushroomy Kingdom)
- Everything is flat (Flat Zone X)
- All the other battlefield stages in the backround (Battlefield)
- Charizard, Incineroar, Inkling and Sonic take damage from being in the water.
- Pit's quote when getting knocked out of the stage "I never learned how to read" is a reference to his game.
- Palutena's Guidance, Snake's codec call, F-Zero chat.
- PG - Ice Climbers didn't appear in Wii U/3DS due to them being 2 characters.
- PG - Wolf - Fox and Wolf pallet swap reference.
- Extra characters: Alucard, Chrom, etc.
- The Koopalings each have their unique staffs.
- Incineroar's purple costume is based of Big the cat.
- After Ridley's FS you can see Samus's ship in the background.
- Dedede FS references both Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Block Ball.
- Mr. Game & Watch grab now uses stock icons.
- Kirby's hammer goes on fire when holding it for a while
- Pac-Man's taunt's namco references.
- Simons and Ritcher's win pose are based on what players used to do while waiting for the loading of the next stage in Castlevania 1.
- Paz equips the player with a Bob-omb - might be a reference to her "dying" scene from MGSV.
- Ray Gun has the Smash Logo on it - item description.